CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Playing catch up

I have been reminded by several people that I haven't blogged in some time so here is a catch up post. The last week or two have been hectic as usual. To begin with, I was without a computer for a week. That was super neat. But I will say that I adore the Apple Store and I am a complete Apple devotee. My hard drive was going out and I was in a frantic state to save my data and couldn't. They not only saved it ALL, they changed out the hard drive and reinstalled everything and also some updated software I would have otherwise had to purchase - all for free. Hallelujah and thank you, Jesus for ProCare and Apple Care that saved me a small fortune on these repairs! We had Chachi's 10th birthday, I went to Austin for a mini vacation with girlfriends, my 35th birthday and our 12 year wedding anniversary. Soccer, soccer and more soccer. School, homework and more soccer. 


For the birthdays, we just did dinners this year. We have so much going on that it leaves little time for anything extra. For our anniversary, we went to Bing Crosby's for dinner. Can I tell you I love Bings more than chocolate? They have incredible food and amazing drinks! Plus, we got to spend some time without kids. We didn't stay out long because, well hey, there's not much hopping on a Sunday night at 6:30 PM. But we got a little time at least. 

My trip to Austin was a blast! I got to spend the weekend with friends I hadn't seen in a couple years even though my best friend didn't get to make it from Alabama because of last minute changes in her husband's work schedule. Boo. My lovely friend, Jerusha, taught me something that I've been wanting to learn for years. It's actually been one of those things I wanted to learn/do before I die. She taught me how to KNIT! Yes, I am a knitter now. I'm a terrible knitter but a knitter none the less. I'm going to work at getting better but until then, I shall work on my little square that will eventually be mailed to another friend of mine in Virginia, Deanna Raybourn. (please see the link to Deanna's blog on the right)

I decided I was tired of having a million Christmas CDs that I only listen to a few songs off each so I've begun the process of moving the songs I want from each into my iTunes program. I have been merrily listening to all my favorite Christmas music for days now. I am in bliss. I adore Christmas music and I am so ready for the holidays. The baking, decorating the tree, the whole feel of the season. Did I mention the baking? I can't wait to make pumpkin bread, Christmas cookies, and all kinds of goodies to enjoy and share. Plus, I get to teach the girls some recipes that I love to make. Good times... good times. 

Chachi is doing a Walk A Thon at school tomorrow to raise money for her 5th grade Outdoor Education program in November when the entire 5th grade goes to camp in the mountains and studies nature. It's a fantastic experience for them and they learn so much. I think an equal amount about nature and themselves. 

Anyway, I have got to scoot but I promise I won't wait so long to post again. I have lots of ideas for posts in the hopper so be on the look out! 

0 comments: