CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Love 'em or hate 'em: Product Reviews

I am a BuzzAgent and get to review products from time to time then I tell people if I liked it or didn't like it. I was just a part of 2 campaigns. One was Smuckers Uncrustables and the other was for Sweet Tomatoes Restaurant. 


I have to say, I liked the thought of being able to toss a sandwich from the freezer into the lunch box and not mess a knife but they went over like a lead balloon with my kids. The peanut butter was "weird" and they don't prefer jam on sandwiches so that was a strike right off the bat. They are easy. They look cool. The concept is great. But for my kids, they prefer a sandwich made by hand and is fresh. I can't say I blame them. I tried one and I am a PB&J girl but I wouldn't eat another one. No thanks.

On to Sweet Tomatoes. It's a salad bar on steroids, basically. The kids love to eat there. It's totally family friendly and fairly reasonably priced if your kids eat. If they are pickers or don't eat enough to stick in your eye, then I would pass because the amount they'd eat wouldn't offset the cost. 

Now on to a favorite topic of mine... COFFEE! I wait every holiday season for the Coffee-Mate creamers to come out. Peppermint mocha is #1 in this house and I drink it by the gallon from the moment it hits stores until January when it's all bought up and you can't find it anymore. Neither Safeway or Lucky's has it yet. There are spots for it on the shelves, just no creamer. I was in Lucky's today, surprise surprise - I'm at the grocery store every day, and lo and behold, it was like a light from Heaven came down and shined on the creamer case in the dairy isle. It wasn't Coffee-Mate but International Delights. A new flavor. Chocolate Mint Truffle. I usually don't prefer Int'l Delight because they are sweeter than Coffee-Mate but I bought it because I was impatiently waiting for the peppermint mocha. Can I tell you how good this stuff is? I made decaf coffee tonight to try it and man oh man, this stuff ROCKS! If you see it, buy it and try it. You won't regret it! 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yum. I will definitely have to try that, since I'm the Peppermint Mocha addict around here.

halfpint said...

i usually don't use ANYTHING in my coffee but the mint sounds really good. i may finally cave into the peer pressure this year and try that stuff.

and Lucky's. god, miss being in a western state. i haven't heard of lucky's in forever. that was my mom's favorite grocery market before they closed up shop in Tucson.

Gladys said...

I am a pumpkin spice girl up until Thanksgiving then I'm all about the Peppermint. I did stray from my norm while here at the grandbabies and purchased the Gingerbread. Meh. Not loving it.

The PB&J well all I can say is ewwww. I prefer bananas to jelly.