CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

It just brings it out in me

The weather has cooled off here the last few days. It's been an unbearable 100*+ for weeks and now we'll be lucky if we push 80* today. I really am a warm weather girl. Going on vacation? Give me a beach and a margarita, thank you so much. I'd rather be in hot and humid than cold and wet any day. But seriously, the past few weeks were much too much.


So, with this cooler weather and my friend Jennifer Baker who inspired me to get in the kitchen to cook, I have been all about the cooking and making comfy food things. I decided this morning that I would go all out for dinner even though we have to be at 2 soccer fields at the same time and at 5:30 PM no less. I got out of the house early and got to the grocery store, came home and can I tell ya, my dinner is 99% finished already.

I made chicken in the crock pot, mashed sweet potatoes and garlic bread. Then I put together a Apple Crisp from a recipe my darling friend Debbie Turner gave me last Fall. Cooler weather draws me into the kitchen to make all kinds of breads, muffins and desserts that I can't make during the summer because it's too hot. I love how it makes the house smell, filling every nook and cranny with cinnamon and sweet apples. And the warmth from the oven radiates out of the kitchen and pours into the dining room as we're having dinner. 

It's going to be a, "Quick! Hurry up and eat!" kind of meal tonight but at least when the evening is coming to a close and soccer games are won and practices over, we can all come home to warm Apple Crisp and sleep well with full tummies. 

0 comments: