CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Product Review time!!!

I'm finally doing my first product review segment. First up, Nic's Sticks by OPI. I have to say, I love OPI polish. Love it. It lasts a long time, they have great colors, good price point. It's a wonderful product... usually. I belong to a group called SheSpeaks where I get to test drive products and say how I like them and share that info with others. I was chosen to try the Nic's Sticks. I hated it. It's basically nail polish in a tube. You click the bottom of the tube to release product onto a very wild bristled brush that puts polish all over your finger. If you click the tube too much, there's nowhere to put it unlike with a bottle, you just swipe the brush in the rim of the bottle to put the polish back into the bottle. This just gets gloppy and a mess. Next is the color. Didn't look like the bottle color at all and the polish itself was more plastic than polish. I know it's meant to be used in a pinch to touch up but I found myself touching up the polish more after application because that dang brush smooshes it everywhere. Very little control. I give it 2 thumbs down.


But let me tell you about my new favorite mascara. I love mascara and I have tried them all. From the $4 pink and green bottle Mabelline to $25 tubes from Prescriptives. I was out of mascara and in a pinch, I decided to try a tube that was on sale at Target. It was around $6 so if I didn't like it, no harm no foul, I wouldn't feel too terribly bad for tossing it away. What I picked up was Rimmel's Glam'eyes in Midnight Black. This stuff ROCKS! My lashes have never looked so good and that's saying a lot because I have puny lashes and it's difficult to get them to look decent let alone fabulous. I am a true fan and I will definitely be buying my fare share of this stuff to keep them in business for a long time!

Last, I would like to share my deep love for the Swiffer Sweeper Vac. I know I have shared this love with many but it has revolutionized my life. It cuts sweeping time in half. It vacuums up all the larger bits like a dust buster on the front of a Swiffer Sweeper. I have recommended it time and time again. I would like everyone to rush to your local Target or Wal-Mart and get yourself one. You won't regret it. I think if you go to their website, you can download a coupon. Do what you need to do but make one of the things you NEED to do is pick up a Swiifer Sweeper Vac. It's amazing! 

3 comments:

Gladys said...

I hated it too. I thought it was a total waste of my time and their product. IMHO it would have been better if they would have made it more like a magic marker so you had more control over where the liquid was going. Oh and I had a hell of a time keeping it on.

Unknown said...

I've heard more negative comments on the Nic's Sticks. Although I've been wondering about the Swiffer Vac thingie.

Sherri said...

Kelly,
go get a swiffer Vac. You won't regret it. it's like magic. Even Tiny loves to use it!