CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

In which I spend the day with Deanna Raybourn

I started my post with that title because my dear friend and award winning author, Deanna Raybourn, starts every post on her Blog A Go-Go with "In which..." (see links on the right side of this blog to check her out). 


Sunday, my amazing husband took my kids all day and sent me off on BART to spend the day in San Francisco with Deanna. She was here from Virginia for a literary conference and RITA awards ceremony. The RITAs are the Oscars of the literary world. I got to the San Francisco Marriott a little early so I was waiting in the lobby for her since she was coming in from breakfast with her editor. From across the waiting area, I see her in her smart brown dress and TO DIE FOR animal print stilettos, hair swept up, carrying an incredible bag and carrying a RITA!!! Yes, she WON a RITA for Silent in the Grave! She beat Nora Roberts in the category. Completely awesome!

At 10 AM, we got picked up by the car service, Green Limo Service, in a leather clad Prius. I have to admit, the Prius was very comfortable and roomier than I would have imagined and it had some serious get up and go! We went to Sebastopol for a luncheon/book signing and we had a driver that we were sure had driven for Nascar at some point or was in fact a stunt driver and was filming a scene while we were in the car. He darted in and out of traffic like we were Kermit in a video game of Frogger. 

The luncheon was at the Starlight Wine Bar and Restaurant in Sebastopol. Lunch was delicious and the company was delightful. I loved watching the women who were there to spend the afternoon with Deanna and have their books signed. She was a total rock star! Deanna read an excerpt from Silent in the Sanctuary, the second book in the series. She signed books, chit chatted and basically hypnotized us with the sheer glamour she exudes. 

We headed back to San Francisco about 3:15 PM and were able to do a little bit of shopping before we headed to dinner at Lori's Diner on Powell Street. We had fantastic conversation, laughed and had an all around wonderful time all over cheeseburgers and fries. 

I want to thank Deanna for ushering me around with her all day and letting me tag on her coat tails to her event. Deanna, Thanks for dinner and spending your entire last day in San Francisco with me. 
Here's a picture of Deanna with her RITA while she's signing books at the event. Isn't she completely gorgeous? So much beauty, talent and a genuinely wonderful person all in one package. 

0 comments: