CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Hang a sign around my neck because this snack shack is CLOSED

Yep, it's true. I am done nursing. Boops is almost 15 months old and I actually held out longer than I thought I would and honestly, I probably would have been done sooner but he wouldn't take any kind of formula or bottle so it was nursing or nothing. 


I would love to be able to sit here and say that I am overjoyed and relieved but I'm not. I'm a little sad. I'm going to miss our quiet times, just he and I, when he isn't squirming and running around but snuggling with me and letting me kiss his little hands and smelling his hair. It's a moment in time that draws a line in the sand between baby and toddlerhood. He's growing up and moving on. Moving on to climbing and running, digging in dirt and being 100% boy. Plus, when a kid can pull up your shirt to look for a snack all by himself - it's time. It's flat out T I M E. All is as it should be but that doesn't mean it doesn't sting a little bit. 

I'm going to Anaheim this weekend for business so I knew this day (or night as the case may be) was coming but just like everything else in life, it's here before you know it and then you're reminiscing about 5 years down the road in the blink of an eye. This also puts me on a path to a little freedom as well. My precious husband and I will be able to go out and stay out a little later on our date nights because I don't have to nurse Boops to sleep. (I hope my parents are taking special note here. :) )

So, go ahead and read the sign in big black letters- this snack shack is closed for business. 

On a side note, you have GOT to check out this YouTube. It's like nothing I've ever seen before. Simply amazing! Click on the Mind-blowing Waterfall 

1 comments:

ChaChaneen said...

Awwwwwww, no more eating at Moms! (sigh!)