CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

He loves The Street

Sesame Street, that is. Boops really hasn't been exposed to children's television except for what's running in the background when he's running around the house. Those shows usually consist of Hannah Montana and Suite Life of Zack and Cody. Nothing he'd be interested in. 


When he got sick the other day, he was feeling puny. He actually was sitting on the couch with me, snuggling my side and being still. That's one way I knew he felt terrible. I decided to turn off the news and turn on something he might actually like. Sesame Street was on and as a kid's show, it's great because they still show some of the same clips I watched as a kid myself or clips that they showed when the girls were small so it lends itself to some nostalgia while being entertaining. He was mesmerized! 

A few minutes ago, I was checking my morning emails and he wandered off into the living room. Sesame Street was on out there but he was playing and running around so he hadn't paid it much mind when I was out there with him to watch it. He's 14 months old, he shouldn't want to watch it really. Anyway, I respond to an email then go look for him. He's nowhere to be found. I look in his usual hiding places. Not there. I physically walk into the living room and there he sits on the floor, scrunched up in the corner of the couch, fully engaged in Sesame Street! It was hilarious. 

We were at Hallmark the other day and saw some plush that he adored. He had 3 characters with him while we shopped around for yet another Webkinz for a birthday present. He had Grover (a personal favorite since childhood), Cookie Monster (THE favorite from childhood) and Big Bird (who's cool in his own right). Boops was kissing them and cuddling them, it was a darling scene. We go to leave and I decide to buy him one since he obviously ADORED these guys. They wanted $15 for one plush. I don't think so. 

The moment I took them all away and stuck them on the shelf was the moment I realized that we were moving into toddlerhood because the fit that ensued could have rivaled any 2 year old on it's worst day. Crying, screaming, flailing. It wasn't pretty. He's just started protesting in stores when we let him look at something - mostly to keep him quiet while we shop - then put it back when we leave the store. He never really cared or paid much attention but now he understands more and wants to keep what we give him to look at. 

I think I'll wait a week or so and see how long this Sesame Street love lasts. If it keeps going and he becomes more familiar with the show, maybe I just might have to swing back over to Hallmark and get my guy a Cookie Monster. I'm such a push over! 

1 comments:

Mrs. Longoria said...

Didn't realize our youngest ones were so close in age! Mine is 16 months. I am SO there with you on the toddler thing. I think it's kind of magical (in an alien sort of way) how they go from being cute infants to big strong toddlers who have an opinion!!!

Love the blog, I'm going to put a link on my blog.

God Bless,
Brandie