CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

We're in Day 2 and it's tougher than I thought

Chachi left for 5th Grade Outdoor Education yesterday. All the 5th graders take buses up to the Santa Cruz Mountains and study eco-systems and all kinds of stuff for a week. They leave Monday morning and come home Friday afternoon. We took her and all her stuff to school yesterday morning and saw the buses drive away.

My girls both have been to church camp before and I did cry when they both left in August but I thought I was more prepared for this trip than I actually was. As the buses pulled away from the school, I could feel that little ache in my stomach move into full fledged sadness grip heart. Other moms were crying and it started me tearing up but then I just knew if I started, I would be in a complete "ugly cry" mode and that isn't a good look for anyone to see. That cry is reserved for behind closed doors only so I sucked it up and went on my way.

Today is Day 2 and I will admit that I am missing Chachi terribly. I am missing her good morning greetings, hearing her voice through out the house and just her presence all the way around. Did I mention that yesterday was my darling husband's birthday? To say she was sorely missed, is an understatement.

The old adage that you don't know what you have until it's gone is so true. I would never trade my kids for anything but when one is missing, it's amazing how much it touches ever aspect of your life and is so noticeable right away. I hope she is having a good time and learning a lot. And I can't wait for this week to steam on by so I can see her and put my arms around her and kiss her camp covered, dirty little face.

0 comments: